Yandex Flavored Markdown
- Corresponds to CommonMark Spec.
- Includes its own set of plugins with additional features and markup elements.
- Expandable: you can add any plugin for markdown-it or write your own.
- Safe: HTML is escaped by default.
- Uses dynamic validation.
- Allows you to build a documentation project.
The Yandex Flavored Markdown syntax is based on CommonMark Spec and has been supplemented with unique elements from other markup languages and template engines.
For more information about all markup elements, see Syntax.
Creating documentation projects
Builder allows you to build a complete documentation project: with navigation, internal links, and full support for Yandex Flavored Markdown.
A built project is a set of static HTML files that can be viewed locally or on a host, in GitHub Pages, or in S3. It may include:
Leading pages for quick navigation.
Variable presets to support multiple versions of documentation from the same source files.
Custom display settings:
- Wide format.
- Current article navigation.
- Dark theme.
- Text size.
You can try changing the settings right now: click in the upper-right corner.
Future YFM releases are expected to include the following features:
- Static linter.
- YFM generators from proto, OpenAPI, auto-generated Java, Python, C++, and Go documentation.
- Customer satisfaction score (CSAT) on documentation pages.
- Automatic local rebuild when changes are made.
- Displaying contributors on pages.
- Free hosting for open-source documentation projects.