The following markup elements are not supported by default, but can be added using markdown-it plugins.
For more information about how to add additional plugins, see the instructions.
To output a character in subscript, add
~ on both sides.
You can vote to include subscript support in YFM by default in GitHub issues.
To underline text, add
++ on both sides.
You can vote to include underlined text support in YFM by default in GitHub issues.
Use footnotes for additional information without complicating the text. Footnotes have two parts connected with tags:
- The link in the document text, which is displayed as superscript.
- A block of additional information. It's usually placed at the end of the document.
Here's a simple footnote,[^1] and here's a longer one.[^bignote] [^1]: This is the first footnote. [^bignote]: Here's one with multiple paragraphs and code.
You can vote to include footnote support in YFM by default in GitHub issues.
Import plugin from package like so:
const checkbox = require('@doc-tools/transform/lib/plugins/checkbox');
The task list is a list of checkboxes. A normal item is represented by the
- [ ] symbol, a checked one by
- [x]. You can use line formatting in the task description.
- [x] ~~Write the press release~~ - [ ] Update the website - [ ] Contact the media
You can vote to include task list support in YFM by default in GitHub issues.
Plugin: markdown-it-katex (see other versions)
The plugin uses the KaTeX library to display mathematical symbols. Example of a formula: